Monday, December 24, 2018

Ajinkya Rahane confident of scoring a century during the Boxing Day Test

ajinkya-rahane

With the four-Test series between India and Australia currently locked at 1-1, India vice-captain Ajinkya Rahane was Monday confidence personified, saying his rhythm and counter-attacking mindset could help him rack up not just a ton but a double during the Boxing Day Test at the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG).

Rahane has scored two fifties in the first two Tests of the ongoing series but a three-figure score has eluded him since scoring a century against Sri Lanka in Colombo last year.

“I am sure it will come in this match. The way I am batting, from Adelaide to Perth, the mindset I was into a counter-attack and the rhythm I was batting in, maybe 100 or even 200 can come,” said the 30-year-old.

“I think it is more important for me not to think about it. I have to continue batting the way I am. I can read the situation a bit better and if I can play like that it will be better for the team. Personal milestones can be achieved later as well.”

The last time Rahane played a Boxing Day Test match in Australia in 2014, he scored 147 and 48, he is excited to put in a similar performance four years later.

“I am really happy (to return here for Boxing Day Test). We all know how big it is and to come here at 1-1 is really good. We had our chances in Perth but it is important to stay in the present right now and give our best starting from December 26,” he added.

Rahane also urged his team’s batsmen to step up and support the bowlers if they want to win consistently overseas.

“The batsmen definitely need to step up. When we discuss the batting unit, that point is very important. Especially when we are abroad, the bowlers have been taking 20 wickets since South Africa, so if the batsmen help the bowlers the results will be favouring us,” Rahane told the reporters in Melbourne.



from Blog – The Cricket Times | CricketTimes.com http://bit.ly/2BC30vt

No comments:

Post a Comment